Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Worst Week in My Sports Life!

There were :16 seconds left, they were 32 yards away from the endzone, and had no timeouts. We had played our ass' off, on the road, no Frank Gore, and no semblence of a passing game until the 2nd half. Yet and still, Brett Favre ruined my sunday! We were on our way to being 3-0, "for real", mentioned as a contender! It all came crashing down with the heave of a ball, and the tip-toeing of a seldom used receiver.
For the better part of 3 hours, i had screamed, cheered, slapped hands with almost everyone in the vicinity not wearing a Vikings jersey. Capitol City(the new, and best sportsbar in Hollywood), where i was watching the game, had become my living room. The patrons became my dad, my brother, and my friends. We were gonna be 3-0!!! We'd been terrible since T.O. left to fly with the Eagles in '04. We were gonna be 3-0!!! Alex Smith was on the sidelines, helmet safely nowhere in sight. We were gonna be 3-0!!! Mike Singletary pacing the sidelines looking cooler than Billy Dee Williams in Mahogany. We were gonna be 3-0, but Brett Favre, who coming into the game was 11-2 versus the Niners decided it wasn't to be so :-(.
Greg Lewis(yes Greg Lewis) came in because Percy Harvin was tired, and caught his first and probably only pass of the season. Sending me into shock, and causing the many family members id made come to console me. I went into the kind of shock that you only get from hearing "im late" from the girl u met at Any Club USA last week. I was sick, ill, distraught even. Life couldn't get worse, or could it?
My fantasy teams decided to take an early bye week themselves. My QB in both leagues, Drew Brees, who had thrown 9 tds in the first 2 weeks, threw zero! My starting #1 RB, Frank Gore, played all of one snap before being carted off. I'd later find out that he'd be out for 3 weeks! Tj Hoosurmama did nothing for the 3rd staight week. Matt Forte struggled for the 3rd staight week as well, notice a theme here?!! Devin Hester, Cedric Benson, and Vernon Davis all had big games, and they were all on my BENCH!!! Outcome: i lost in both my leagues. Could it get worse?
For the 2nd straight week a top 10 ranked Pac-10 team lost to an unranked opponent. Cal got the brakes beat off them by Oregon. USC struggled with Wash. St., which will be a theme througout the season as they play with a freshman QB(Matt Barkley aka Future Heisman winner). #25 Washington lost to Stanford, showing how up and down the season is gonna be for the college football landscape.
All in alll, the Niners will be fine, we play St Louis, probably shouldn't term it "play", we're gonna stomp a mudhole in those fools! Teams 'Alpha Male'(yeah that's my team names, fly huh?) will be fine, they have one hell of a GM;-)

1 comment:

  1. Matt Barkley aka Future Heisman winner? hehe I think anybody can get lucky on one drive. ;)

    I'm a little peeved that I gotta order ESPN Gameplan ($24) because ABC is airing the USC @Cal game at the same time as the OU @Miami game. Why they couldn't put one on ESPN and the other on ABC... I'm not sure. There are only three games this week that are rank-on-rank teams the other is LSU @Georgia. I know there are probably USC fans on here but only 19% of the country is going to see that game. 81% will see the OU game. (http://www.hdsportsguide.com/news/2009/october3coveragemap)

    I'm also not sure why the Niners didn't pay Crabtree what he wanted. I've been watching that guy catch passes like crazy for three years and in my eyes he is one of the top receivers ever.

    craig

    ReplyDelete